400 Ballroom 1965

Torquay, June 11th, 1965


In the summer of 1965 The 'N Betweens were already a force to be reckoned with. Playing at the Torquay 400 Ballroom again, back due to public demand, as part of their Cornish Tour.

"From: Mickey P.
Sent: 09 January 2009 21:16
To: tqreflib
Subject: Research

Hi there,


I am interested in searching your newspaper archive for 1965. Since I live in Essex it's not likely that I will be able to get to your library, I was hoping you might have somebody that could look for me. I'm aware that this is unlikely but on the positive side, I do have one date?


I am looking for Steve Brett & The Mavericks at the 400 Ballroom in Torquay on July 9th 1965. They did at least 3 visits in 1965: January, July and September but I don't have dates for the other gigs. Rest assured, when I find out I will be back to harass you.


The N' Betweens or The In-Betweens also played the 400 Ballroom that year, possibly in early June and I would be very happy to find an ad for them too?


Thank you for taking time out to read my email, any help or suggestions very much appreciated?

Michael Parker ;-)

"sodomy non sapiens" "

Herald Express: 7th June 1965 edition

Dear Mr. Parker
Thank you for your recent email.

I have pleasure in sending you the copies you requested.

If you can supply us with dates for the other gigs you mention we will be happy to search our newspaper archive for you.

Yours sincerely,

Caroline Jones
Senior Library Assistant

Torquay Reference Library
Lymington Road
Torquay
TQ1 3DT

Tel : 01803 208305

e mail: tqreflib@torbay.gov.uk


divider

No comments: